Growing herbs in your garden? Here are a few fresh ideas to use them, and they are not just to make a great cup of tea!
It is the holiday time and I came across this list of ideas to utilize your herbs. Some great gift ideas!
1. Add fresh or dried herbs to holiday wreaths.
2. Decorate Christmas trees with dried herbal ornaments or
festive tussy mussies.
3. Scent holiday cards with a drop of peppermint.
4. Make sachets filled with lavender buds for gifts.
5. Make bath salts for gifts. Mix 1 teaspoon of essential oil
into 32 ounces of Epsom salts. Package ½ cup of salt per
small treat bag and tie with a decorative ribbon.
6. Make potpourri.
7. Add lavender or one of the lemon herbs to your favorite
refrigerator cookie recipe.
8. Decorate packages with sprigs of rosemary instead of a
9. Place homemade herbal vinegars into pretty bottles for
10. Add an herbal twist to punch recipes. Make our famous
rosemary-pineapple punch, add fresh ginger to a cranberry
punch, or use herbal tea as the base for punch.
11. Use frozen puff pastry for quick appetizers. Spread with
pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll into a tight
spiral and cut ¼-inch slices. Bake according to package
12. Find a recipe for an easy herbal dip. Package the herbs
ready to mix with cream cheese or sour cream and give as
gifts with directions.
13. Make herb blends to give as gifts. Classic blends such as
herbs d’ Provence or Italian blends are good. Or go exotic
with an Ethiopian berbere or Moroccan harissa.
14. Mull wine or cider with cardamom, allspice, cinnamon,
orange peel, and cloves.
15. Make orange or apple pomanders with whole cloves.
16. Make apple spice ornaments. Combine equal parts applesauce
and ground cinnamon. Let stand for 2 hours. Dust a sheet of
waxed paper with cinnamon and roll dough ¼ inch thick. Cut
out ornaments with cookie cutters and poke a hole with a
skewer. Allow to dry for four days before hanging up with a
17. Bake herbal dog biscuits.
18. Use pressed flowers or herbal photos to make cards to give
19. Share your favorite herbal recipes with friends and family.
20. Bake herbal bread.
21. Give a tea ball along with your own homemade herbal tea
22. Share the seeds you gathered this fall. Package along with
directions for when to plant and how to cultivate.
23. Mix an herb into the yolks when making devilled eggs. Some
herbs to try include dill, garlic, horseradish, parsley,