Fire and Ice Bridal Shower Tea Party More Ideas That Will Sparkle
Your Bridal Shower Tea Party Should Make The Future Bride Sparkle With Delight Too
If you have net been to the introduction to our Fire and Ice bridal shower tea party, please click here to start planning your event.
Some of these ideas for your fire and ice tea party setting that would surprise the future bride might include:
- Effective lighting is very important. You want to create a cool feeling, yet warm glow to the room. Consider using small twinkle lights on all your tables. You can cover them with fake ice crystals from the craft store for a very dramatic wintery effect.
- Fill cut glass containers such as punch bowls , large candy dishes or serving bowls with water that has been tinted the color of glacier water (blue and green food coloring will do, but make it very pale) and float white votive candles in them. For a more dramatic effect, use red food coloring, if your accents are red.
- You can also take assorted glasses of different sizes and shapes throughout the room with floating candles inside them. Candles in candle holders set on glass or mirrors work very well. To create the right mood, think of what fresh winter snow at night, as the moon beams rays of light on it. You want to fill your space with that feel.
If you live in a warm climate, this may not be possible, but for those that have a colder climate, you may want to create outdoor ice sculptures. Here is a video on how to do that:
For those of you that do not live in a cold climate, you can still create your own special fire and ice display. Of course, you can always buy ice sculptures. If you are a more budget conscious person, I have a solution that will give your decorations a more dramatic effect.
- Take a gallon size milk carton and cut it half, removing the top part. Discard top half. Wash and rinse well. Take a large pillar style candle and place it in the middle of the clean milk carton. Make sure the top of the candle, especially the wick is above the top of the milk carton. Place red rose petals, cranberries or holly berries in the bottom of the milk carton surrounding the pillar candle.
- Fill the prepared milk carton ½ full of water. Place the carton with the candle and water in the freezer until solid.
- When ready to use, dip the frozen milk carton in warm water for a minute and then peel the carton off the block of ice. Voila! Your fire and ice display.
- Set the block on a tray and return to the freezer until ready to use.
- Place the iced candle in a shallow glass bowl when you are ready to display.
- Dont forget to light the candle for a dramatic effect.
- For a simplistic table setting, consider taking long thin branches that have fallen off the trees. Spray paint them white and cover them with glue and sprinkle them with iridescent glitter and place in tall vases for a dramatic cool effect. If red is your accent color, add red berries clusters, which you can purchase at the craft store, for added color.
Next you want to consider the music, the menu, and the party favors.
Back to part 1 of Bridal Shower Tea Party Ideas -- Fire and Ice
Go to part 3 of Fire and Ice Tea Party f
Search Your Cup of Tea site
Visit Your Cup of Tea home
Top of Fire and Ice Briday Shower Tea Party